- Born in Florence on 1958
- 1976 graduation from the Liceo “G. Galilei”, a secondary school for scientific studies, in Siena.
Studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence where he graduated in 1980. For two years he attended courses in semiology at the DAMS Institute at the Literature Department of the University of Bologna.
- 1979 first show: “Le alternative del nuovo” held at the Palazzo delle Esposizioni in Rome; exhibited works using shadows and light, elements that would distinguish his work over time. Since ’79 the artist has held numerous one-man and group exhibitions in many countries (see attached biography).
- 1986 invitation to the Maryland Institute in Baltimore, USA to hold a workshop and lessons. The same year one of his works was acquired for the Civiche raccolte d’arte di Milano (the Milano City Art Collections).
- 1987 realization of the sculpture “Grande estruso” for the park of the Gori Collection at the Fattoria di Celle (Pistoia) and the following year a work was bought by the Galleria d’arte moderna (Modern Art Museum) in Bologna.
- 1990 one-man show at the Galerie Jade stand at the FIAC in Paris where a work was acquired by the Fonds Regional d’art contemporain d’Alsace (Regional Collection of Contemporary Art, Alsace) in Selestat.
- 1993 move to Cologne, Germany where he worked for five years, carrying out his first large-scale solar installation “Augenblick” at the Parkplatz of the “Kölner Stadt-Anzeige”. He also held his first one-man career show at the Kunstverein Graftschaft Bentheim in Neuenhaus.
- 1997 realization of a second piece for the collection at the Fattoria di Celle; two years later the artist participated in the group show, “Arcadia in Celle- The Gori Collection” held in the museums of Kamakura, Mie and Sapporo – Japan.
- 2000 (April) Realization of his first environmental light installation, “Twinlights” at the Circus Maximus in Rome.
- 2000 (November) first oneman show in Japan at the Gallery Mssohkan – Kobe, and in 2001 oneman show at Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, a permanent public installation in Kobe.
- 2000 (Dicember) permanent installation “SainT” inside the apse of the roman church Sant’Andrea in Tontoli, Prato.
- 2003 oneman show in Yokohama Portsite Gallery.
- 2005 (February) in occasion of the Aichi Expò in Nagoya creates a shadow portrait of the “Satiro danzante” exposed with the greek original sculpture.
- 2005 (June) in occasion of the oneman show, creates a big outside installation with artificial light representing the written “Micat in vertice” for the new exposition place “La Limonaia di Ponente” at “Villa Medicea La Màgia” in Quarrata, Prato.
- 2006 in Brussels quarter Anderlecht the first publich space big installation with artificial and solar light “Grande Volante III”.
- 2007 in the central quarter of Sannomya at Kobe the first sunlight installation on a Skyscreeper.
- 2012 in April oneman show “JETZT Archäologische Schatten” at Archäologisches Museum Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main. In November oneman show “Rayon d’Ombre” at Espace d’Art Contemporain André Malraux, Colmar.
- 2014 in collaboration with the Centro per l’Arte Contemporanea “Luigi Pecci” permanent public installation in the center of Prato “Grande Sognatrice”, Piazza Santa Maria in Castello.
- 2015 winner of the competition for a permanent public installation in L’Aquila: installed in April “1 x l’altro”.
Partecipation at the 18° Islamic Art Festival with the personal exhibition “Casting light” at the Sharjah Art Museum, Sharjah, Arabic Emirate.
- 2016 personal exhibition, Ana Serratosa Arte, Valencia,Spain.
personal exhibition, Museo della città Rimini, Rimini,Italy.
personal exhibition, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Madrid.
- 2018 installation “Respiro” at the monumental staircase, Royal Palace of Caserta, Caserta.
- 2020 permanent sunlight installation “Just now Forever” for the exhibtion “Beyond the Shadows” at Chimei Museum Park, Tainan, Taiwan.
Permanent installation “Luce su pietra”, Shrine of the Carnaio massacre, San Piero a Bagno (FC).
Permanent installation at S.Oswald in Traunstein, Germany.
- 2021 permanent public installation “Flowers of Qatar” , Katara Cultural Village, Doha.
- Over the years the artist has held lessons and lectures on his work at the University of Architecture in
Florence, at the Academy of Fine Arts of Florence, Bologna e Milano, the University of Art History in
Siena and at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo.
- Today Fabrizio Corneli lives and works in Florence.